Sometimes when you open a new tab, too many suggested articles seem to clutter the whole interface. While some of the recommended stories may, most of them seem to be redundant.
That makes me find a way to hide these suggestions and make new tabs in Chrome minimal. So, here are simplest ways that you can try in your iPhone & Android to give your Chrome a new clean and minimal look.
Hide Chrome Suggested Articles on iPhone and Android
Chrome offers a pretty straightforward way to turn off article recommendations on iOS (and iPadOS) devices. Having tried this on Android devices, I can vouch for its reliability. That said, let’s get going!
Disable Article Suggestions in Chrome on iOS and iPadOS
- Open the Chrome app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Now, tap on the three horizontal dots at the bottom of the screen and choose Settings in the menu.
3. Next up, turn off the switch for Article Suggestions. Then, make sure to tap on Done at the top right to finish.
Disable Chrome Article Suggestions Using Chrome Flags on Android
Chrome flags are known to solve quite a few riddles. And guess what, they have lived up to the mark for removing the recommended stories as well.
- Open Chrome app on your Android device and then enter chrome://flags into the URL bar and hit Return/Go.
2. Now, type in #enable-ntp-remote-suggestions into the search bar and hit Return again.
3. Next, tap on the drop-down menu located under the Show Server-Side Suggestions and choose Disabled.
4. Finally, tap on Relaunch Now to apply the changes. Chrome will reboot to bring the changes into effect instantly. Going forward, whenever you open the app, those unwanted articles will no longer be all over the place (as you can see in the image below).
So What’s Next?
If you’re having any problem in your Android or iOS device, we’ll love to solve it. Just tell us in the comments below.